cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Online adjusting clustering health-check holdtime on Firepower4100 running ASA application

mike kao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did anyone online adjust clustering health-check holdtime on Firepower4100 running ASA application?
Will that impact the cluster operation?
I don't find a reference document.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is the default settings :

Defaults for Clustering on the Firepower 4100/9300 Chassis

• The cluster health check feature is enabled by default with the holdtime of 3 seconds. Interface health monitoring is enabled on all interfaces by default.

• Connection rebalancing is disabled by default. If you enable connection rebalancing, the default time between load information exchanges is 5 seconds.

• The cluster auto-rejoin feature for a failed cluster control link is set to unlimited attempts every 5 minutes.

• The cluster auto-rejoin feature for a failed data interface is set to 3 attempts every 5 minutes, with the increasing interval set to 2.

• Connection replication delay of 5 seconds is enabled by default for HTTP traffic.

here is the document for your reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa910/configuration/general/asa-910-general-config/ha-cluster-fp.html#concept_AB605DC2227F4CB1BAED60C9ADB67787

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your reply!

But I want to know is:

Will anything happen after issue "health-check holdtime 10" to adjust default time?

Not that i am aware which will have effect, But good to do all the changes in maintenance and change window.

Let me know how it goes ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card