TCP port 2195 - outbound

TCP port 2196 - inbound

How would I configure this via ASDM?

3 Replies 3

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Are you simply talking about some host on behind the PIX that has a Static NAT configured and needs the following opened

• It needs to be able to connect to remote destinations on destination port TCP/2195
  • Others need to be able to connect to it from "outside" on the destination port TCP/2196

Or are we perhaps talking about some sort of Port Forward configuration?

- Jouni

It would be two hosts behind the PIX (2195 used to send notifications; 2196 for feedback). They will both have static IP addresses on my 10.x network. Vendor will be onsite next week for setup.

How many public IP addresses do you have available? Do you only have the "outside" interface public IP address of the PIX itself or do you perhaps have a small subnet of public IP addresses available on the PIX?

If you only have a single public IP address on the PIX and cant configure a separate public address for the actual host/hosts on the LAN, then for the traffic/connections that are coming from the "outside" you will need to do a Port Forward / Static PAT configuration to be able to reach the LAN host from the Internet on the mentioned "inbound" TCP port

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card