cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open same port for multiple servers.

joescott4t
Level 1
Level 1

I am sorry if this sounds rudimentary, but I wanted to make sure. I want to open up port 80 to more than one web server. I already have port 80 open on one public IP address and have another one ready to use for another server. My assumption is that I should just be able to create a policy using the additional IP address and use port 80 without any issues. Is that correct to assume? I would also like to know, how one would do this is they only had one public IP address. I believe these should be relatively easy questions for the experts here. Thanks.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have a netblock from which you can assign multiple IP addresses then, yes - just asign additional access-list entries and static NAT entries.

If you only had a single (or limited number all in use) public IP address then you would have to use some sort of PAT (port address translation). for instance:

server 0 is <outside address>:80

server 1 is <outside address>:81

server 2 is <outside address>:82

..etc. Your remote users would then have to specify the non-default port (80/81/82) when browsing to the site.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have a netblock from which you can assign multiple IP addresses then, yes - just asign additional access-list entries and static NAT entries.

If you only had a single (or limited number all in use) public IP address then you would have to use some sort of PAT (port address translation). for instance:

server 0 is <outside address>:80

server 1 is <outside address>:81

server 2 is <outside address>:82

..etc. Your remote users would then have to specify the non-default port (80/81/82) when browsing to the site.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card