Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix-515E IOS

Richard Stanger
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I was wondering if I picked up a used (End of Life) pix-515e, would would I need to do to be able to upgrade it to that latest version of IOS made for that product?  Is it still possible to even get access to that version?  Will cisco allow downloads for that devices IOS?

Thanks.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Richard,

I am not really sure about the price of the contract, but for software download only you would need a maintenance contract, and it does not include TAC support. TAC still supports PIX but no more bug fixes would be done on it.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Richard,

PIX 515E is EOL but it is still not end of support, so yes, we do still support PIX devices, although we would always suggest upgrading to ASA, since no more developement work would be done on the PIX platform. You can upgrade to the latest IOS version, it should be version 8.0.4.28, but before that kindly go through the memory requirement for it, through the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix80/release/notes/pixrn80.html

If you have a software download contract with Cisco, you can download the images fro here:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=281233497&flowid=21587&softwareid=280786991&release=8.0.4.28&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Varun,

I understand your recommendation regarding upgrading to an ASA but for personal use and my continued Cisco development this is just what I need.  Any idea how I go about getting a software download contract and how much that would run?  I certainly don't want to spend much money on an end-of-life product that is no longer being supported, but would like to have the last version of IOS made.

Thank you,

Rick

Hi Richard,

I am not really sure about the price of the contract, but for software download only you would need a maintenance contract, and it does not include TAC support. TAC still supports PIX but no more bug fixes would be done on it.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Thank you!

iceleron77
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card