cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX Failover issues after upgrade from 7.04 to 7.21

klivesey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of 525's which failover anyware from 5 to 10 times a day since my upgrade to 7.21.

I started with my standard Failover config using the serial cable and a dedicated interface for statefull failover. In the process of troubleshooting I have tried network based failover with statefull and serial failover without statefull, but to no avail. Anyone have any insite to this madness?

Log: 2006-11-30 14:43:04 Local4.Alert 10.x.x.x Nov 30 2006 13:44:21: %PIX-1-104001: (Secondary) Switching to ACTIVE - HELLO not heard from mate.Nov 30 2006 13:44:21: %PIX-1-104001: (Secondary) Switching to ACTIVE - HELLO not heard from mate.

4 Replies 4

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ken,

Is this the only log that you are seeing on the pix. Do you see any crash file on both the pixes.

- Arul

Arul,

Where would the Crash file be Located?

Ken...

dbeattie
Level 1
Level 1

I had exactly the same problem with a pair of PIX515e, after upgrading to 7.2.1. My only solution was to move them closer together and to use the serial cable. After that all was fine.

Hope this helps

Dave Beattie

Dave,

Funny as these units are racked one on top of the other. I also have a redundant pair of 525 which we use for our lab envionment which are configured with the same hardware and IOS. The config differes only with number of interfaces in use and ACL's. This pair has no issues and is also racked together. I am thinking about switching the serial failover cables to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for post though.

Ken...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card