Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix OS version 6.3 (4)- Is it possible to block URL using Regular expression

rajesh.yadla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I know this sounds some thing old. One of our clients has Pix with OS version 6.3(4). He is asking us to block accessing Facebook. I have tried the regular expression (MPF) to block it but it did not work in this OS version. I have searched forum and they gave information saying we can not user MPF for this version it should be through third party application like Websense.

I wanted to know is there a way to block facebook in this version with out the third party software? Please help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, well in any case you could upgrade to 8.x. From 6.3 you would need to upgrade to 7.2 and then you can move to 8.x. You may also need to upgrade the memory on the box. I know you said they are not willing to upgrade but it is always helpful to have this kind of info handy.

Now regarding the VPN you can definetely add more than one (actually the 515E supports upto 2000 tunnels).  You just need to use a different crypto map sequence number for the second tunnel.

I hope this helps!

Raga

PS: Please remember to mark this question as answered if you dont have any more questions, Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

raga.fusionet
Level 4
Level 4

Rajesh,

This is possible, however only on version 8.x.

Check the documentation below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080940e04.shtml

With version 6.3 the only way you can do it is with a 3rd party software.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks.

Raga

hi,

Is it possible to upgrade the IOS version to 8 or higher in PIX

That would depend on the PIX. What model do you have ?

They have PIX 515E. I have one more question . they have a site to site  VPN configured for a branch. They are asking to create one more site to  site VPN for second branch. I know it is possible for ASA. I wanted to  know is it possible for this PIX with 6.3 (4) version. They are not keen  to upgrade the IOS.

Ok, well in any case you could upgrade to 8.x. From 6.3 you would need to upgrade to 7.2 and then you can move to 8.x. You may also need to upgrade the memory on the box. I know you said they are not willing to upgrade but it is always helpful to have this kind of info handy.

Now regarding the VPN you can definetely add more than one (actually the 515E supports upto 2000 tunnels).  You just need to use a different crypto map sequence number for the second tunnel.

I hope this helps!

Raga

PS: Please remember to mark this question as answered if you dont have any more questions, Thanks!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card