Views
Helpful
Replies

Portable ASDM

William Reed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My team has written a small portable ASDM package that does not require Java or ASDM to be installed on your PC. It includes Java in the package and launches without installing anything on to your PC. The size of the package is 11MB, so it is nice and portable!

Let me know if you guys are interested in using it!

10 Replies 10

William Reed
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the ZIP file.

Anybody tried it yet?

If the ASDM is newer on the ASA, you are prompted to upgrade. I am running ASDM 7.4(2) and found that issue.

Yes but it should only prompt you one time, that is too be expected.

It prompts every time - even after I accept the upgrade. It looks like the installer doesn't recognize that I'm runing this "special" copy of ASDM and just reinstalls over my original local version.

Looking at what you've done, I figured out I could replace the ASDM directory files with the ones from my more recent installation. Doing that fixed it so that I don't get re-prompted every time I launch the stand alone version.

However... it now hangs after launching (launcher completes "downloading" and then window freezes without opening ASDM proper).

Hello Marvin,

Not sure if any of you guys are still using asdm, but I was looking for an ASDM portable as well and followed your inputs and for me it was not working either, got stuck too after replacing ASDM files.

Then, I replaced java files as well with a more recent version and it works! So maybe you are still interested.

Thank you both you and William Reed for the effort!

Cheers, David

Works great, but looks a little

different than regular version.

It works very well forr me.

Thanks

cisco_cucumber
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. I extracted your .exe and update ASDM and Java folders than pack to exe again. All works!

What did you use to repack to .exe?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: