cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRSM - Import Failed when Importing ASA/CX Config

mbaker33
Level 1
Level 1

I am sure there is something I am missing here, but I have the system installed, and configured.  I am able to access it via the URL, login, make adjustments, etc.  However, when I log into PRSM, and attempt to import the ASA/CX, it verifies credentials, I accept the certificates and after spinning for a bit on "Importing configuration from your ASA CX device" it throws an error saying "Import Failed"  "The read operation timed out"

Obviously, there's a communication error somewhere, but I can't find where it might be.  The PRSM server is on a different subnet, but they are both on the Internal LAN.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are the PRSM versions on the management server and ASA/CX? The former should be equal to or greater than then latter.

Hi Marvin,

The version of both PRSM and the CX are 9.1.3(13).  The ASA version is 9.1(2).  Do I need 9.1(3) on the ASA OS as well?

Hi Marvin,

I upgraded the CX and PRSM to the latest 9.2 release as well as the firewalls to 9.1(4) since I noticed that the latest 9.2 release fixed a bug relating to HA firewalls.  Now, when attempting to add the device, I get an error stating that it cannot communicate with the ASA CX SSP.  When I login to the console of the PRSM virtual alliance or the CX, I am able to ping both ways without issue.

Any ideas?  I'm at  a loss.  There also doesn't seem to be much out there regarding this message.

Thanks,

Mark

That is odd. I've labbed it to a single CX from PRSM and it worked fine. I don't have an HA pair to test on but I've seen it done.

Perhaps you should open a TAC case on it.

Thanks Marvin,

I thought TAC is where I was headed.  I created a case and will post the results once I have an answer from them.

Mark

S M85
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mark,

Do you got a solution for this problem? Running into the same problem. I got a firewall in between and I'm seeing that the connection immediately being closed by the CX module. 

regards,

Sander

No solution yet.  Created a TAC case, worked for a couple of hours.  Collected a ton of logs and was escalted to the BU.  They called and checked some things but still it does not work.  Collected more logs and sent them to them.  Haven't heard from them in a couple of days.  I will be sure to post a solution if I get one though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card