cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Purchase L-ASAV5S-K9

webmastadj
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I can get an ASAV5S-K9 license?  Currently, I only see them available in 8-packs.  Also, I would want to get an any connect license with this as well if possible.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Single license packs aren't offered in Cisco's current ordering scheme for the ASAv.

AnyConnect 4.x licenses are ASA platform-independent and are purchased as either Plus or Apex level term subscriptions. for example, AC-APX-1YR-G top level item with AC-APX-1YR-25 is the lowest available level for Apex licenses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Single license packs aren't offered in Cisco's current ordering scheme for the ASAv.

AnyConnect 4.x licenses are ASA platform-independent and are purchased as either Plus or Apex level term subscriptions. for example, AC-APX-1YR-G top level item with AC-APX-1YR-25 is the lowest available level for Apex licenses.

That is interesting since they have the part number but aren't selling it in singles.  It would make for a great small home/lab test box.  I have been searching and so far the lowest I have found is 8 packs.  

Thank you for the information.

I suppose if 6 others were interested, I would go in on it with you for the license pak activation codes.  I have seen a resell price from provantage . com of $2255 ($281 each). What say you Cisco ASAv users?  Who wants to step up?  I just bought a 5506x to place in front of my colo deployment on ebay.  While $281 does seem to be cheaper, it does come with trade-offs as well.  One slick config move and you are cut off at the knees.  Something to consider.  Meanwhile continuing to play around with the 100kb throughput device.  They could have made it at lease 1MBps as an unregistered product.  100kb is not even modem speed.  There is a market out there for Colo'ers.  Do you hear me Cisco?

The ASAv evaluation license is not meant for production use.

Colocation providers usually provision one ASAv instance per customer so buying packs makes sense for them more often than not.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card