cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

question about anyconnect license(adding, stacking)

junsung kim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

1. When apex/plus anyconnect licenses are added, should I install activation-key again or not?

2. After purchasing 50 licenses if i purchases 25 licenses again in 3months,

is it correct that 75 licenses are available during 9 months?

thank you in advance

best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Problem is that the activation key will be for new license only and it can overwrite the existing license. The same is written is Anyconnect Faq license page , I am pasting it below also:

Q. What happens to my older AnyConnect licenses when I install the new licenses?

A. All older AnyConnect licenses will be removed and replaced by the new licensing model when you install your new Product Activation Key (PAK).

Further, Anyconnect license with ASA are honor based, initially when you install the license. It enables ASA to support VPN users to maximum capacity.

Q. How do the new licenses work with the ASA?

A. You will receive a multi-use product activation key per Plus or Apex license purchased. This multi-use product activation key gets activated on each ASA at www.cisco.com/go/license. After activating the key, the ASA is unlocked for its maximum hardware capacity. Complying with the unique/authorized user counts and term limits are honor system and are not physically enforced by the ASA or AnyConnect. If you purchase more than one Apex license or a Plus and Apex license, we ask that you register each PAK to each ASA, although doing so does not change the resulting license key generated for the ASA. This is to ensure that if you open up a support case in the future that there is a record of your license purchase.

Source:https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html#anc30

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tenically you should have 75 License, you need to add new 25 License pak when you purchased.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Problem is that the activation key will be for new license only and it can overwrite the existing license. The same is written is Anyconnect Faq license page , I am pasting it below also:

Q. What happens to my older AnyConnect licenses when I install the new licenses?

A. All older AnyConnect licenses will be removed and replaced by the new licensing model when you install your new Product Activation Key (PAK).

Further, Anyconnect license with ASA are honor based, initially when you install the license. It enables ASA to support VPN users to maximum capacity.

Q. How do the new licenses work with the ASA?

A. You will receive a multi-use product activation key per Plus or Apex license purchased. This multi-use product activation key gets activated on each ASA at www.cisco.com/go/license. After activating the key, the ASA is unlocked for its maximum hardware capacity. Complying with the unique/authorized user counts and term limits are honor system and are not physically enforced by the ASA or AnyConnect. If you purchase more than one Apex license or a Plus and Apex license, we ask that you register each PAK to each ASA, although doing so does not change the resulting license key generated for the ASA. This is to ensure that if you open up a support case in the future that there is a record of your license purchase.

Source:https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html#anc30

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card