Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about part number for ASA5525-IPS-K9

Hi,

Could i get the ASA part number ASA5525-IPS-K9 with "sh inventory" or "sh version",  or there another command to obtain it, or the ASA 5525 with IPS does not show that part number with a command, and the only way is looking on the back of the chassis.

i am asking this because i can't have access to the ASA, and i am asking somebody to do this,

please let me know,

thanks in advance,

regards,

Juan Pablo

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not sure what you are asking here.

Isnt the ASA5525-IPS-K9 specifically the part number of an ASA5525-X IPS edition bundle?

Or do you perhaps means some serial?

I think the ASA firewalls serial can be seen with

show version

I would imagine that the same for IPS would be shown by

show module ips

Or perhaps

show module all

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

thanks for your response,

i have never worked with ASA-X (for part number verification purposes), and i want to know if the ASA 5525 that was sold to me have the IPS, so if use the show version or show inventory i should get the ASA5525-IPS-K9 PID?.. i would like to activate the IPS on my ASA, so if got the ASA-5525-K9 i have to do some procedures to activate, (buy the license, and smarnet with suscription) , but if i got the ASA5525-IPS-K9 i know that i only need the smarnet with the IPS suscription....

I am trying to verify the ASA part number, i don't have physical access to the ASA only CLI...

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: