cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick ASA 5515x question

ethutchinson
Level 1
Level 1

I have two identical ASA 5515x's. One has been configured and one is fresh out of the box. Due to changes that are being done to our server room I wont be able to put them in failover.

1.)Would it be possible to get the config from the active one to the one sandboxed on my desk. Mind you the sandboxed one is NOT on my network.

2.)They have different software revs. Both ASA and ASDM.

What does the community think? Can someone give me a strategy on getting this done.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I would suggest you to move same OS and asdm version to ASA.

Use tftp servwr to take out current configuration and transfer it to new box using tftp.

Commands:

ASA to TFTP server:

copy disk0:/running-configuration TFTP://<ipaddressOfServer>

TFTP to ASA

Copy TFTP://<ipaddressOfServer>/filename running-configuration

And save it with "write mem"

Hope it helps

Thanks,

R.Seth

How different are the versions they are running.  If they are both running software higher than 8.3 you could just log in to theASA that is in production, run  the command more system:running-config.  copy the configuration out and then paste it into the one on your desk.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Hi,

Putting the two ASAs in failover means that they both have to be in the same network, because both of them should be able to handle the traffic in the same way in case of failure of one of them. Also please keep in mind that failover requires both ASA to be identical under the hardware and software point of view. You can install same code of the currently working ASA on the sandboxed one, put them together in the same network and finally configure the failover.

Regards,

Aref

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card