cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove FSCK files?

Jon Eakins
Level 1
Level 1

I just received a shipment of 5505's and the first 2 I've opened have 20 or so fsckxxxx.REC files in disk0.  Is there any reason I need to keep these?  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jon,

There is no need to keep these files. They are automatically created by the file system check (fsck) utility when it is recovering certain sectors of the flash, and there's no need for concern when you see these on a freshly manufactured ASA. Feel free to delete them (delete flash:/fsck*).

If you ever see them return after initially removing them, it would be a good idea to open a TAC case to find out why the flash is being corrupted. But for now you can safely ignore them.

-Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jon,

There is no need to keep these files. They are automatically created by the file system check (fsck) utility when it is recovering certain sectors of the flash, and there's no need for concern when you see these on a freshly manufactured ASA. Feel free to delete them (delete flash:/fsck*).

If you ever see them return after initially removing them, it would be a good idea to open a TAC case to find out why the flash is being corrupted. But for now you can safely ignore them.

-Mike

Mike, thanks for the info.

Hi! i have a closer problem regardings at .REC file,

it happened after i buy my new micro sd card, i transfer my file, video, and music from my previous micro sd then after i check my phone and all file that i transfer was missing but when i scan it, it seems it is still in my new sd card the i try to reboot my phone and it becomes a tons of FSCK0000.REC file, my video and other music turn to this file is ther any problem, can u help me sir how can i fix those file.

thanks in advance

This is a Cisco support community forum. We don't help with your mobile phone problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: