Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

revert config on FMC to the working config on the FTD

I was reviewing the configuration of a new VPN tunnel from with the FMC and made a change that I do not want to deploy to the FTD.  How do I revert this change on the FMC that the working configuration?

Seems like this should be a simple thing, but I've not sourced a solution.  Thanks in advance for any direction that can be given.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In 6.3, Firepower introduced the following feature (but ONLY on Firepower Device Manager):

"The deployment window has changed to provide a clearer view of the pending changes that will be deployed. In addition, you now have the option to discard changes, copy changes to the clipboard, and download changes in a YAML formatted file. You can also name deployment jobs so they are easier to find in the audit log."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/640/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-640/fptd-fdm-get-started.html?#task_BEE4E37389B64E518EE91FF3824476A9

Prior to that you had to manually undo anything you changed click-by-click.

Unfortunately in FMC we still have that limitation (even with 6.4.0.5). Hopefully 6.5 will offer the feature but we'll see...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card