cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 needs reboot before firewall access rule changes take effect

garethhunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my RV325 with the updated firmware v1.2.1.14 (2015-08-13, 14:21:24) needs to be rebooted before any changes in Access Rules take effect. For instance removing a rule for access over port 3389 for RDP and applying still allows traffic through that port until the device is soft/hard rebooted.

This is obviously a problem as I don't know which rules are in affect and and having the reboot brings down site internet access until the device restarts - we also lose our VPN connections with our remote sites.

Is this a know issue or a problem with my model? 

Many thanks!

2 Replies 2

ispatel
Level 1
Level 1

I am not getting clear understanding of this issue, however it looks like, even though we deleted the ACL for RDP traffic, TCP connection for ongoing RDP session is already created on ASA.

Have you tried restarting the connection or initiating new RDP connection after deleting ACL ?

Thanks,

Ishan

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Oh, it's not the case that the connection is still established, I can remove the rule for 3389 and a week later from a different computer still connect over that port. A reboot of the device then blocks it. It's like the ACL is being updated in the user interface but not in the back end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card