cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial Number Problem

brendand05
Level 1
Level 1

I have a faulty ASA5520 and I am not sure if I have a SMARTnet contract for it or not (I manage over 200+ ASAs)

The problem is that the Serial Number sticker that is normally on the back of the ASA is missing

The ASA5520 is also faulty and doesnt power on so I cannot boot it up and run 'show ver' or similar

If I open the chassis there appears to be other Serial numbers on the Power Supply, and Motherboard etc but they do not seem to be the correct Chassis serial number i.e not in the right format, and if I put them into the Trade tool I get no results.

There must be another record of the serial numbers besides 1x sticker to the rear of the chassis that can fall off?

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the chassis serial when the device isnt booting.

or (Cisco) is there a way to find the chassis serial number from the power or motherboard serial?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let me get back to you on this one.

Mike

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks, I would appreciate any information you could find out.

These are the numbers I can find

Product - ASA5520-BUN-K9

Serial number on the motherboard JAF1233AAES

Number on stick on rear of chassis to the left of where the serial number sticker normally is COM6U10ARB

Serial on metal case under the power supply FOX1237GH60

Bump.

Anyone from Cisco got any ideas on this?

How can I find the serial number for this device (for SMARTnet)

I believe this ASA had 500x premium SSL installed so we are talking about a lot of $$

Thanks

Problem is that we may need to ask you some information that may be confidential for you.... Can you send me a private message with your e-mail address so I can contact you regarding this problem?

Mike

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card