Helpful
Replies

service unsupported transceiver command for asa 5585

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

I'm patching an ASA5585 10Gb sfp interface to a HP 10Gb sfp port

I have to use a hp 10Gb sfp transceiver on my ten gigabit port but its not coming up

if I use a cisco1Gb sfp transceiver it all comes up so I'm assuming the ASA doesn't like the HP SFP as shown in the error message below

DC-ASA/act(config-if)# bcm_esw_sfp_eeprom_checksum_validate(2919): SFP Vendor Specific ID Fields 96-123 corrupted, unit 0 phy_addr 73, rv -1
ERROR: SFP+ module TenGigabit0/6 EEPROM SFF Byte 96-123 checksum (0x2b008105). Calculated checksum=0xc787e0a0

my problem is that I can't find an equivalent service unsupported transceiver command for the asa 5585

can anyone help please?

thanks

1 Reply 1

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm, I am not aware of such command on the ASAs. Perhaps someone else can chime in here. In the meantime here is a link for all of the supported SFPs:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5585-x-adaptive-security-appliance/product_bulletin_c25-711904.html

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card