cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show Ports on ASA 5508-X

wynneitmgr
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to see all open and closed ports on my ASA 5508-X. Is there a command I can use when logged in using Putty?  I am a Firewall novice, so any help would be appreciated. Baiscally, I just want to verify that port 443 and 1883 allow inbound and outbound communication using UDP and TCP. Thank you.

8 Replies 8

First thing first. this is a firewall not a router. you have to specify in ASA what ports you want to open and what ports you want to close.

please do not forget to rate.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The question not clear here, you looking to allow these ports for the device inside in your lan or outside lan

if you want to see the connection in asa , you use comamnd

show local-host all

show connection

if this was not the case explain more..so we can suggest better.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi 

@Sheraz.Salim 

When I try to run those commands, I get an error

You need to enable and issue that commands.

BB

@balaji.bandi 

When I do Enable, it asks for a password. When I use my admin password, it says Access Denied. Any ideas what I need to do?

you need to have enable password, hopefully you should one..if not then you can not get in to enable mode.

BB

hi,

is this a new ASA?

try to just hit 'enter' in the password prompt. if it doesn't work you'll need to perform a password recovery.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To check the ASA itself for "listening ports", we use the command "show asp table socket".

To check for traffic being allowed THROUGH the ASA, you need to look at a combination of things:

show run access-list

show run access-group

show run nat

In combination, these allow traffic through the ASA to inside hosts.

As noted already, all commands need to be executed from enable mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card