cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous Clientless SSL connections

mark.a.coleman
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup access via our ASA5510 portal which is working fine but I can't seem to connectto the ASA when there are two active connections. If there is only one, it's fine.

I've read about this:

Problem - Unable to Connect More Than Three WEB VPN Users to PIX/ASA

Problem :

Only three WEB VPN clients can connect to ASA/PIX; the connection for the fourth client fails.

Solution :

In most cases, this issue is related to a simultaneous login setting within the group policy.

Use this illustration to configure the desired number of simultaneous logins. In this example, the desired value was 20.

ciscoasa(config)# group-policy Bryan attributes
ciscoasa(config-group-policy)# vpn-simultaneous-logins 20

Would this be the same thing?

If so how whould I check the existing setting in the GUI?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Shrikant Sundaresh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

Since you mentioned that the limit is 2, I feel it would most probably be a license issue.

The ASA base license allows only 2 SSL VPN peers by default.

You can check this by running the "show version" command on the ASA CLI, and going through the license details presented. Please let me know if this is not the case, and we can further troubleshoot the issue then.

Hope this helps.

-Shrikant

P.S.: Please mark this question as answered if it has been resolved. Do rate helpful posts. Thanks.

View solution in original post

hey,

try this.

Choose Configuration > Device Management > Licensing > Activation Key, and enter the new activation key that you obtained with the active unit serial number. Now click Update Activation Key

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.:  please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is  resolved.  Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Shrikant Sundaresh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

Since you mentioned that the limit is 2, I feel it would most probably be a license issue.

The ASA base license allows only 2 SSL VPN peers by default.

You can check this by running the "show version" command on the ASA CLI, and going through the license details presented. Please let me know if this is not the case, and we can further troubleshoot the issue then.

Hope this helps.

-Shrikant

P.S.: Please mark this question as answered if it has been resolved. Do rate helpful posts. Thanks.

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

Have you purchased any SSL VPN or Anyconenct license?

By default the number of peers which can connect are 2 SSL VPN peers. any connection after these connections will be denied.

You can check the number of SSL VPN allowed from the "sh ver" of the ASA.

Here is a snip of "sh ver"

Device  License                            - Security Plus

Maximum  Physical Interface        - Unlimited

Maximum  VLANs                        - 100

Inside  Hosts                               - Unlimited

Failover                                       - Active/Active

VP-DES                                     -  Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES                         - Enabled

Security  Contexts                       - 2

GTP/GPRS                                 - Disabled

VPN Peers                                 - 250

WebVPN  Peers                          - 2

AnyConnect for  Mobile                - Disabled

AnyConnect for Linksys Phone    -  Disabled

Advanced Endpoint Assessment  - Disabled

The field of concern will be WebVPN Peers or SSL VPN Peers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.:  please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is  resolved.  Do rate helpful posts.

Thanks to both of you.

Btw, I have an additional 25, but can't seem to find documentation on how to add them through the ASDM GUI

hey,

try this.

Choose Configuration > Device Management > Licensing > Activation Key, and enter the new activation key that you obtained with the active unit serial number. Now click Update Activation Key

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

Thanks Anisha,

Is it likely the ASA will require a reboot after installing licenses?

Mark

depends on the license. it will be mentioned in the license.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.:  please mark this thread as  answered if you feel your query is  resolved.  Do rate helpful posts.

That's why I asked, it mentions on the license that it may require a reboot. I was just hoping I'd could get a more definitive answer so I can schedule any downtime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: