Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH Issue with ASA 5505 running 8.3(2)

aubreyrhame
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm replacing a new ASA 5505 due to a corrupted flash.  On the original unit, I had the ability to SSH into the device using TeraTerm with no problems.

While configuring the new device, I entered the following commands to enable SSH into the unit:

crypto key generate rsa modulus 1024

write mem

ssh 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 inside

ssh timeout 30

However, now, using TeraTerm, anytime I attempt to SSH into the unit, I get the following message:

All the encryption algorithms that this program and the server both understand have been disabled.  To communicate with this server, you will have to enable some more ciphers in the TTSSH Setup dialog box when you run Tera Term again.  This connection will now close.

please help.

Aubrey

5 Replies 5

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Have you tried clearing the ssh key and recreating the same?

Thx

MS

Yes, I have

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

re: ssh 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 inside

did you intend to use subnet zero?

if not, try 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0

maybe that will make a difference

then make sure whatever you use on the ASA is exactly the same on the SSH client

Yes, this way anyone on the 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.254 subnet could ssh into the ASA device

it was worth a shot

if there is anyway you can view the ASA log to see what messages lurk there, I'd try that.

having a console connection while the ssh attempt is made to view the log and/or debug can be helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card