Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic to and from a specific website routed through VPN tunnel

SHANE4252
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two ASAs successfully connected and passing traffic to each other via site to site VPN. I'd like to route traffic for a specific website through that tunnel, so the far end serves the website to hosts on the other side of the tunnel. I thought I could do this by adding the site's IP to the tunnel's interesting traffic at both ends, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a basic way to set this up.

-Shane

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi
You want site A to access website hosted on site B to use the site to site tunnel built between them?
How they're accessing this website today?
What change have you done that's not working?
Can you please share a bit more info with ip addresses and the specific config of your asa related to this.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

To clarify, I want site A to be able to access an Internet website by routing the request through the tunnel to site B.  Site B does not host the site.

As of right now, site A attempts to access the website via their Internet connection.  The website's host blocks requests from the country where site A resides.  Site B is able to access the site without a problem.

I've attempted to route the traffic from site A directed towards the website in question by adding the website's IP address as one of the "remote networks" on the A side of the VPN tunnel between A and B, and as a "local network" on the B side of the VPN tunnel.

Please let me know if what I'm trying to do is still not clear and I'll consider posting some config information.  I'm hoping my description above will save me having to anonymize the config.

Ok now that's clear and i see what you're trying to do.
Can you share the config you've done so far? Did you configure nat correctly on site B? I mean your traffic from site A arrives on site B on outside interface and needs to get out the same interface.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card