cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to access ASDM or even ping the management IP without a response.

Brendan Wood
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an ASA 5508-X which I finally got to work.  My lan management IP is 172.20.20.1

I log into it remotely with the AnyConnect client (from windows) and I was hoping to use ASDM or SSH remotely but it does not log in.  Furthermore, I can't even ping 172.20.20.1 from from my anyconnect session (vpn ip 10.20.20.4).   Strange thing is that I CAN ping other things like 172.20.20.40 (A printer) and I get a response back.

I have tried to enable the IP range (of the anyconnect ip pool) in the management access tab, and still nothing (I should still be able to ping it right?)

If I need to post my config let me know, or if the answer is obvious, let me know also!  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Is this management the actual management interface or you are using the LAN interface for accessing ASDM and SSH?

If the interface is LAN interface, below applies:

Is there a 'management-access <interface-name>' command added already.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/adaptive-security-device-manager/118092-configure-asa-00.html

If you can paste the relevant running config, we can have a look.

HTH

AJ

Hello,

This is my error.

Instead of just adding an entry for "ASDM/HTTPS/Telnet/SSH", I should have went also to "Management Interface" and select "Inside".

Also, I needed to generate a self-signed certificate for SSH to work.

Now all ok!

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card