Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to license IPS Module in ASA 5515

VamsiKrishna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to enable the IPS Module Evaluation License in ASA 5515 with the .lic file.But I am getting error as "Failed to update the license as sensor" in both cli & IDM. I am attaching the error screenshot for your reference.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

I would suggest contacting licensing@cisco.com for assistance with this.  The IPS module software is end of support and I suspect this might be the issue.  If it is not, then licensing might be able to provide you with the valid license as the hardware is not yet end of support

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By definition any IPS license will be expired since the software is well past EOL (> 2 years). That said, for basic lab testing it would work with whatever signature set is installed in the image already (as the message notes).

For production use, nobody would ever recommend you rely on that in today's threat landscape since it is protecting against threats from 5-10 years ago and not today's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card