cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update Antivirus pattern from Cisco CSC SSM

limlayhin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA 5520, with Cisco ASA-SSM-CSC-10-K9. ASA version 8.4.3.

Since two days ago, automatic anti-virus pattern update for Cisco CSC SSM failed, error message as below:

AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to verify security information. The local trusted info database is corrupted. Please contact Trend Micro technical support.. The error code is 62.

The license is valid and the subscription is expired on Sep 2014.

Any body encountered similar problem before?

Any body has Trend Micro Cisco CSC SSM helpdesk contact?

I can't find any Trend Micro info for Cisco CSC SSM.

97 Replies 97

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

Patch worked, both units are updating now.

Good to hear. Let us know if you hit other pattern update errors.

Magnus Mortensen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This issue is covered in the following document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-40231

RoadrunnerFB
Level 1
Level 1

I can also confirm that the patch corrected the issue.

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

I just applied it to a third unit and resolved it.

cityofhayden
Level 1
Level 1

Patch applied sucessfully here as well - updates finally working again.

Thanks for the patch link - nice to be able to resolve it here without taking up more of TAC's time.

limlayhin
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is resolved with the patch 1140.

Thanks all for your contribution, and thanks Magnus Mortensen for the solution.

Any solution for CSC-10 ver. 6.3.1172.0 ?

Yep, just received statement from Cisco TAC regarding 8.2 installations:

You can run CSC 6.6 on ASA 8.2. The ONLY change added to the ASA code for 6.6.1125.0 is to allow HTTPS traffic up the backplane to the module. So if you run ASA 8.2 and CSC 6.6, even if configured, HTTPS traffic will not be sent up to the module. That is the only difference and this is why in the release notes it is written that earlier versions are not supported.

If your Customers are running CSC 6.3 you need to first upgrade the CSC to 6.6 and then apply the patch. After that the updates should be successful.

Best Regards,

Malgosia

Will try this in a smaller location

Markus

Hi Markus

Thanks for that. Im now getting the following when trying product upgrade:-

[ERR-PAT-0036]   The update system cannot install this update. It  requires a specific build. Make sure your CSC SSM is the required build  and try again.

Update description:

This package upgrades the CSC software from  6.3.1172.4 to 6.6.1125.0. The CSC GUI may be temporarily unavailable or  display erroneous failure messages during the upgrade process. Do not  power off or reboot the ASA after starting this process. The upgrade may  take as long as 10 minutes to complete.

my file is still uploading to india
takes some more time...

Mkay, my CSC accepted the file and stopped responding. Let's wait what happens now.

EDIT:

Mod MAC Address Range                 Hw Version   Fw Version   Sw Version

--- --------------------------------- ------------ ------------ ---------------

0 d0d0.fd98.xx to d0d0.fd98.xx 2.0          1.0(11)5     8.2(5)41

1 44d3.cacf.xx to 44d3.cacf.xx 1.0          1.0(11)5     CSC SSM 6.6.1125.0

Looks quite good

Just about to install the patch file now.    

EDIT2:

Patch also installed successfully

Product version:Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC SSM 6.6.1125.0.1140

Mod MAC Address Range                 Hw Version   Fw Version   Sw Version

--- --------------------------------- ------------ ------------ ---------------

0 d0d0.fd98.xx to d0d0.fd98.xx 2.0          1.0(11)5     8.2(5)41

1 44d3.cacf.xx to 44d3.cacf.xx 1.0          1.0(11)5     CSC SSM 6.6.1125.0.1140

Joseph CMM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have the same problem as Valentin, i need a patch for CSC-10 ver. 6.3.1172.0 because this fix in only for 6.6.1125.0!

Please release it.

Thanks

VDLSACHSEN
Level 1
Level 1

On my site this isn't working. The patch applied successfully, but there is still no update performed. The CSC states these errors now:

AntiVirusEngine : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to complete the requested file operation. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.. The error code is 16.

AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to complete the requested file operation. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.. The error code is 16.

AntiSpamEngine : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to complete the requested file operation. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.. The error code is 16.

AntiSpamPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to complete the requested file operation. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.. The error code is 16.

GraywarePattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to complete the requested file operation. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.. The error code is 16.

IntelliTrapPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to complete the requested file operation. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.. The error code is 16.

IntelliTrapExceptionPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to complete the requested file operation. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.. The error code is 16.

Any idea? I also got some "Compact Flash storage is nearly out of space on InterScan for CSC SSM" errors from this module.

Regards, Jan

Hello Jan,

I have got same error message from all the CSC modules though I have upgraded with the latest patch.

"AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to complete the requested file operation. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.. The error code is 16". It is simply quite frustrating. Hopefully we will get a proper solution very soon from Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card