cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update Antivirus pattern from Cisco CSC SSM

limlayhin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA 5520, with Cisco ASA-SSM-CSC-10-K9. ASA version 8.4.3.

Since two days ago, automatic anti-virus pattern update for Cisco CSC SSM failed, error message as below:

AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to verify security information. The local trusted info database is corrupted. Please contact Trend Micro technical support.. The error code is 62.

The license is valid and the subscription is expired on Sep 2014.

Any body encountered similar problem before?

Any body has Trend Micro Cisco CSC SSM helpdesk contact?

I can't find any Trend Micro info for Cisco CSC SSM.

97 Replies 97

Did you also get the "Compact Flash storage nearly out of space" message?

Regards, Jan

Now I get error message too "Compact Flash storage is nearly out of space on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance".

Sai,

For error code 16, please open a TAC Case and private message me the SR#. Thank you.

Petros Patalas
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, worked fine for our in-house module. Will test it at clients' modules now.

Virus pattern 10.613.00 was successfully downloaded and installed.

For me the 6.6.1125.0 is working on ASA 8.2.5

No I didn't get this message "Compact Flash storage nearly out of space" as additional and I cannot upgrade Virus pattern 10.613.00. But I have different ASA image version 9.1.2. So I am not sure whether ASA image version play a role for any virus pattern update for CSC.

Sai,

The ASA version should not play into the issue. I am right now debugging the Error 24 that some are seeing (due to lack of space to extract the new pattern files).

I had ASA 8.2.5 and CSC 6.3.1172.0. Thanks to markus.schwaiger, who suggested SSM upgrade. I tried to do it some months ago but failed. As I remeber, I was asked to upgade ASA first.

Now I tried again (using csc6.6.1125.0.bin) and succeeded. Then applied patch 1140 and after that did successful manual update of patterns. Only strange thing, I did not get E-mail notivications about updates.

Now I have ASA 8.2.5 with CSC 6.6.1125.0.1140 and everything is working.

Hello Jan,

thanks for the imformation. I appreciate your assist . I am going to do it now and will send a feedback.

VDLSACHSEN
Level 1
Level 1

There is an update from my site...

- saved running config via Web-GUI (maybe you have to uninstall patch 1140 first, I had to)

- reimaged the module with a fresh 6.6.1125.0.bin

- after the initial setup at the ASA-console, upgraded the module with the 1140 patch

- reimported saved configuration

Now all updates are running fine.

Seems that installing Image Updates via .pkg over the Web-GUI is not so a good idea. We did this with 6.3.x.x.x to 6.6.1125.0. Maybe there is some junk left on the flash, that interferes with the patch.

Conclusion: For all those getting "error 16" or "Out of space", re-image the module with 6.6.1125.0, then upgrade with the 1140 patch, then reimport your saved config and you're (hopefully) done.

Regards, Jan

Magnus Mortensen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All,

I am currently debugging The subsequent Err 24 and Err 16 issue seen after the patch install. I think I may have found the root issue. Once I can vet this internally, I will have an update for this thread. Not all users will see Err 24 or Err 16, but some may after upgrading to Patch 1140.

- Magnus

Issue has been solved on our customers site by first upgrading to 6.3.1172.4, then to 6.6.1125.0 and then installing the patch 1140

Magnus,

error 24 being seen here also...

The 2 messages I have received are:

AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to extract the downloaded patch packages. The archive file may be damaged. Please try downloading the file again.. The error code is 24.

and 1 time I have got this one, but it reverts back to the above message during the scheduled pattern update:

Anti-spam pattern 20516 was successfully downloaded and installed.

Unable to copy file . You must manually copy file /opt/trend/isvw/temp/AU/piranhacache/* to path /opt/trend/isvw/lib/mail/cache.

Hope this helps you to narrow down the issue and thanks!

Thanks for the update. The piranhacache issue is covered by CSCul25580.

I have re-written patch 1140 to address both error code 24 and the piranhacache issue. It is right now going through validation to make sure it doesn't break anything else.

It will be labeled 1142 whenever it is ready.

I have CSC 6.6.1125.0.1140 to fix the original issue but I'm now getting the same as issues as Troy so l'm also anxiously waiting for 1142.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card