Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Cisco Network Sensors

WamuMubiana1384
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Cisco 5585 x with firepower module. Am trying to upgrade the management center from 6.1.0 to 6.2.3 and higher. However when i run the installation, this error is being experienced "Unable to upgrade DC while attached Sensor(xxx-SFR verion 6.0.0) is too old(< 6.1)". The SSP application version is 6.0.0-1005. When i attempt to upgrade the module with this file"Cisco_Network_Sensor_Patch-6.0.1-29.sh" it is giving the following error:

*****************************************************************************************************************
[190920 02:53] Starting script: 000_start/105_check_model_number.sh
Entering 000_start/105_check_model_number.sh...

Fatal error: This update is not for model number 66. Exiting.

[190920 02:53:48] Fatal error: Error running script 000_start/105_check_model_number.sh
[190920 02:53:48] Exiting.

***************************************************************************************************************

Can someone kindly guide me how to upgrade the SSP application version and the files or packages required to update.

Thanks in advance for the advise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The error in the log indicates the wrong upgrade file is being used.

If you've confirmed the file is the one I linked then I would suggest opening a TAC case for further investigation.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you upgrading from cli? If so, why that and not from FMC?

The file for an ASA 5585-X SSP-10/20/40/60 would be "Cisco_Network_Sensor_Patch-6.0.1-29.sh", found here:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286271178/type/286277393/release/6.0.1

But from your FMC snippet I think you want to move up to 6.1.

FMC from version 6.1 up to the latest (currently 6.4.0.5) can manage version 6.1+ sensors.

Hi Marvin thanks for your time to offer a solution.

Initial upgrade attempt was with FMC and it failed. In order to obtain the logs i attempted installation via CLI.

I want to move 6.1 and higher, however the software version of the current sensor on the module cannot allow. Thats why i attempted to upgrade the sensors from 6.0.0 to a version higher. it was during this attempt when i encountered errors in the first post

The error in the log indicates the wrong upgrade file is being used.

If you've confirmed the file is the one I linked then I would suggest opening a TAC case for further investigation.

i have confirmed the file in the link shared and it relates to ASA 5585-X SSP 60. The ASA module am attempting to upgrade is ASA 5585-X SSP 10.

In this regard and as advised i have opened a TAC case for investigation and will advise once a resolution is shared.

Thanks and regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card