cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent!!! Need solution on enabling EIGRP on failover ASA pair..

Hi Guys,

While advertising network 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 in EIGRP on a Cisco ASA failover pair, got the error saying "ERROR: EIGRP cannot be enabled on failover interface". I am unable to configure failover interface as passive interface. Please guide me..I got stuck with that. Ver: 8.6

Advance thanks for your quick response..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

julomban
Level 3
Level 3

Muralidhar,

The rejection of the statement is by design. The distribution of the network which includes the failover IP addresses is not supported.

Use a more specific network within the EIGRP statement to exclude the failover network from dynamic distribution.

You can try to remove the failover command (where the IP address is included) and add the 0.0.0.0 statement in EIGRP, once the command is added you can try to reapply the failover command. I haven’t try that before so I am not sure if that's going to work.

The real solution will be to be more specific on the EIGRP statement.

Regards,

Juan Lombana

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

julomban
Level 3
Level 3

Muralidhar,

The rejection of the statement is by design. The distribution of the network which includes the failover IP addresses is not supported.

Use a more specific network within the EIGRP statement to exclude the failover network from dynamic distribution.

You can try to remove the failover command (where the IP address is included) and add the 0.0.0.0 statement in EIGRP, once the command is added you can try to reapply the failover command. I haven’t try that before so I am not sure if that's going to work.

The real solution will be to be more specific on the EIGRP statement.

Regards,

Juan Lombana

Thanks Bro...Yes we had to add more specific routes..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card