Views
Helpful
Replies

User for a specific context

hedhli.wael
Level 1
Level 1

hi , 

is it possible to create a user to access only one context in ASA?
I tried to create an admin user in one context, but I always get incorrect credentials when I try to login.

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

– A maximum of 5 concurrent Telnet connections per context, if available, with a maximum of 100 connections divided among all contexts.

– A maximum of 5 concurrent SSH connections per context, if available, with a maximum of 100 connections divided among all contexts.

– A maximum of 5 concurrent ASDM instances per context, if available, with a maximum of 32 ASDM instances among all contexts.

Take a look on this guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa90/configuration/guide/asa_90_cli_config/access_management.html#29729

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

– A maximum of 5 concurrent Telnet connections per context, if available, with a maximum of 100 connections divided among all contexts.

– A maximum of 5 concurrent SSH connections per context, if available, with a maximum of 100 connections divided among all contexts.

– A maximum of 5 concurrent ASDM instances per context, if available, with a maximum of 32 ASDM instances among all contexts.

Take a look on this guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa90/configuration/guide/asa_90_cli_config/access_management.html#29729

Each context uses it's own authentication. You not only need to configure the users inside the context, you also have to configure the AAA-rules how you want to authenticate in each context.

AAA rules in the admin context ?
do you have a guide to help do it ?
thanks

Thanks for rating and changing the status to solved. This helps make this forum better.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card