What is this username?

Can I delete it?

Thanks.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

saif akbar
Level 1
Level 1

can you share the screenshot or the whole text ?

View solution in original post

I agree that I have not seen that particular name in ASA configs. It looks to me like someone configured the name with no other parameters. I believe that it would be safe to remove it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I would definitely remove it. You can always remove a command and create another ssh session to ensure you do not lose connectivity. It looks like a mistake to me.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

My bet:

undebug all

und all

u all

9 Replies 9

saif akbar
Level 1
Level 1

can you share the screenshot or the whole text ?

Hi,

The sh run portion of the username listing

username test1 password 4tw7S/p2BcKR0o33 encrypted
username test2 password $sha512$5000$zJZ/+1K9lmgpmVlRXjPEYQ==$9VOAeH+g4QIPkUyWfdq79w== pbkdf2 privilege 15
username all
username test3 password $sha512$5000$54CHF/dgkVAx93pR1LiJjw==$DxB54TT9hnLuLK6jlM1YnA== pbkdf2

it is basically just that.. username all.

well i have never seen that before and in my opinion its safe to remove. However, i would advise to wait for a little bit, see if anybody else respond.

I agree that I have not seen that particular name in ASA configs. It looks to me like someone configured the name with no other parameters. I believe that it would be safe to remove it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I would definitely remove it. You can always remove a command and create another ssh session to ensure you do not lose connectivity. It looks like a mistake to me.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

My bet:

undebug all

und all

u all

Is this response in the correct discussion? I see no relationship between undebug all and the question of a config with username all.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Peter Kolti was correct. It seems that under config mode "u all" does indeed create a "username all" entry. So instead of cancelling all debugs you end up with a new user

That is certainly a surprise. Thanks for the update. It is good to know this. And +5 to Peter for that insight.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card