What is this username?

Can I delete it?

Thanks.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

saif akbar
Level 1
Level 1

can you share the screenshot or the whole text ?

View solution in original post

I agree that I have not seen that particular name in ASA configs. It looks to me like someone configured the name with no other parameters. I believe that it would be safe to remove it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I would definitely remove it. You can always remove a command and create another ssh session to ensure you do not lose connectivity. It looks like a mistake to me.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

My bet:

undebug all

und all

u all

9 Replies 9

saif akbar
Level 1
Level 1

can you share the screenshot or the whole text ?

Hi,

The sh run portion of the username listing

username test1 password 4tw7S/p2BcKR0o33 encrypted
username test2 password $sha512$5000$zJZ/+1K9lmgpmVlRXjPEYQ==$9VOAeH+g4QIPkUyWfdq79w== pbkdf2 privilege 15
username all
username test3 password $sha512$5000$54CHF/dgkVAx93pR1LiJjw==$DxB54TT9hnLuLK6jlM1YnA== pbkdf2

it is basically just that.. username all.

well i have never seen that before and in my opinion its safe to remove. However, i would advise to wait for a little bit, see if anybody else respond.

I agree that I have not seen that particular name in ASA configs. It looks to me like someone configured the name with no other parameters. I believe that it would be safe to remove it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I would definitely remove it. You can always remove a command and create another ssh session to ensure you do not lose connectivity. It looks like a mistake to me.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

My bet:

undebug all

und all

u all

Is this response in the correct discussion? I see no relationship between undebug all and the question of a config with username all.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Peter Kolti was correct. It seems that under config mode "u all" does indeed create a "username all" entry. So instead of cancelling all debugs you end up with a new user

That is certainly a surprise. Thanks for the update. It is good to know this. And +5 to Peter for that insight.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: