Helpful
Replies

Using a CISCO ASA on an existing network

errMsg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network setup like this:

WAN>>>>Ubiquiti EdgeX Router>>>>LAN

I want to add a VPN but not with the Ubiquiti Router becasue it only does supports PPTP.

I want to use my Cisco 5505 ASA as a VPN  and have set the outside interface to 192.168.1.2 because my Edge Router is 192.168.1.1 but cant see the ASA on the network.  How can I see the Cisco ASA so it is on the LAN?

6 Replies 6

What exactly do you mean with "can't see the ASA on the network"? Also show a diagram of your setup and the configuration of the ASA.

From the laptops on the network I cant ping the ASA @ 192.168.1.2

I have attached a diagram. Thx

With that setup, I would expect that you either didn't "no shut" the ASA-interface or just took the wrong interface of the ASA to connect to your LAN. There is not much that can be done wrong to get a basic connectivity.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to other post, what is your WAN Device ? is that doing NAT for you ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The Router is doing NAT 

I have attached a diagram to help show my setup

Thanks for the diagram. It seems to show that the ASA will be using only a single interface. Is that correct?

Have you configured the ASA to accept ping on its outside interface from devices in the same subnet?

As a test you might do show arp on the ASA and post the output. This will clarify whether there is layer 2 connectivity.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: