cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN password management - ASA5520

aelsbernd
Level 1
Level 1

I have password management configured on our 5520 for VPN users, and it is prompting and allowing me to change passwords.... however it seems the password change seems to not be replicating to AD.  I am able to access network resources using the old and new password.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would check on the AD itself as the ASA is just passing the information onto the AD. If you can actually access the network resources using the new password as well, that means the change actually does happen on the AD. The fact that the old password is still accessible is something that needs to be checked on the AD itself.

Do you have a cluster of AD, and it doesn't replicate to the other AD?

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would check on the AD itself as the ASA is just passing the information onto the AD. If you can actually access the network resources using the new password as well, that means the change actually does happen on the AD. The fact that the old password is still accessible is something that needs to be checked on the AD itself.

Do you have a cluster of AD, and it doesn't replicate to the other AD?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: