cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what's problem with my pix515e

poor_love_guy
Level 1
Level 1

why the ethernet 3,4,5 is not licensed here??

please help me to solve it!!!

version.JPG

3 Replies 3

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Duong,

That is because of the license restriction for your 515e pix. I guess you should be having Pix license with dmz bundle. You can upgrade with an upgraded license version or you can try to upgrade to ASA OS for the pix and check if this issue gets resolved.

You can refer the below document for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5708/ps5709/ps2030/ps4094/product_data_sheet09186a0080091b15.html

Please do rate if the given information helps.

By

Karthik

terrencepayet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Duong,

This is normal based on your appliance license. It looks like you have the Restricted Software license (see bold part below).

• The Cisco PIX 515E Restricted (PIX 515E-R) model provides an excellent value for organizations looking for robust Cisco PIX Security Appliance services with minimal interface density and VPN throughput requirements. It includes 64 MB of RAM, two 10/100 Fast Ethernet interfaces, and support for one additional 10/100 Fast Ethernet interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5708/ps5709/ps2030/ps4094/product_data_sheet09186a0080091b15.html

HTH.

Regards,

Terence

Hi Teren!

I found some information in the website, that:

• Unrestricted Software License

•  The PIX 515E Unrestricted (PIX 515E-UR) model extends the capabilities  of the family with support for stateful failover, additional LAN  interfaces, and increased VPN throughput via integrated hardware-based  VPN acceleration. It includes an integrated VAC or VAC+ hardware VPN  accelerator, 128 MB of RAM, two 10/100 Fast Ethernet interfaces, and  support for up to four additional 10/100 Fast Ethernet interfaces. The  Cisco PIX 515E-UR also adds the ability to share state information with a  secondary Cisco PIX Security Appliance (either in an Active/Active or  Active/Standby deployment model) for resilient network protection."

So, how can I change to Unrestriced Sofeware License mode so that i can use 4 more Fast Ether interface???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card