Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 10 and ASDM?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I am trying to install a windows 10 preview but wonder if ASDM works on windows 10? If so, which version of ASDM you use?

Thanks,

/S

9 Replies 9

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The latest Windows 10 test build and ASDM 7.4 work without any problems. You will need the latest version of Java installed as well.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Well... that could be an issue for me...I am currently stuck with Java 7U45 on windows 8.1 as I do not want to install certs onto the 50 ASAs...

I also just tried windows 10 vm with Java 7U45 and ASDM 7.4 but no luck...

Anyone else get ASDM working with older java?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Anyone got the ASDM 7.2.2 running on windows 10 with Java 7U45?

Eric Boers
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running asdm version 7.52 in windows 10 64bit with java release 8.77.
Although ASDM is working, i experience multiple copies of the screen inside ASDM when making a sub interface for example. This is very annoying and makes ASDM unreadable.
With windows 7 32bit and java 8.77 i have no trouble at all.

The issue for us is the newer Java cert requirement with asdm. Now we are likely to phase away from Asa, I just use a Windows 7 VM for running ASDM...saving time not to fight with win10 and Java.

Using the proven method will indeed save time. Hopefully Cisco will stop using the unsecure java and make ASDM more stable.
For now ASDM running in win10 gives to much troubles and consumes a lot of time testing.

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Okey, I can not explain why but my Windows 10 Ent. 64bit with Java version 8 update 101 and ASDM 7.6.1 are working fine now...

fadelelali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

please can you send ne a copy of your ASDM ?i tried to download from cisco but i dont have lical dealer partnership,thanks in advance for your support.

you can drop it at cloud drive or windows drive or to my email:fadel.elali@gmail.com

thanks alot

regards

All I am running java 7.45 with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.2(4) 

Seems to be working for me fine

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card