cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Yet Another ASA VPN Licensing Question :)

david
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pretty good understanding of ASA VPN concepts, but not sure about this scenario.  Two questions regarding 5525 VPN SSL Anyconnect Premium Licensing.

1.  Assuming we already own a ASA 5525-x with 750 Anyconnect Essentials and Mobile ( p/n ASA5525VPN-EM750K9 ) and want the ability for 200 Clientless (Anyconnect Premium) VPN connections, including mobile devices, what part number do I need?  

2.  Assuming we do not yet own a ASA5525, but want the same 200 clientless VPN connections plus mobile device connectivity, what part number do I need?   I'm assuming this is correct  >>  ASA5525VPN-PM250K9

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David,

1. AnyConnect Essentials and Premium are mutually exclusive. If you purchase the Premium license and activate it on your ASA it will deactivate your AnyConnect Essentials. For what it's worth, the Mobile license works with either.

2. Yes, that's the correct SKU for the ASA 5525-X with 250 AnyConnect Premium plus AnyConnect Mobile bundle.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David,

1. AnyConnect Essentials and Premium are mutually exclusive. If you purchase the Premium license and activate it on your ASA it will deactivate your AnyConnect Essentials. For what it's worth, the Mobile license works with either.

2. Yes, that's the correct SKU for the ASA 5525-X with 250 AnyConnect Premium plus AnyConnect Mobile bundle.

Marvin, understood.  I guess what I was asking is if I purchased the 5525 with the Anyconnect Essentials license, is there an upgrade SKU to move to Premium?  I think I found a thread, ironically in which you replied that there is not an upgrade sku?  If not, what would I need to order to upgrade from essentials to premium?

It's no problem - I sometimes look for an answer to a question myself and find my own 2 year old post explaining the answer. As long as I don't find my 2 week old answer, I'm OK with that. :)

Anyhow, no there's not a SKU to upgrade Essentials to Premium. All the Premium upgrade SKUs are between Premium licensed user tiers (10-25, 25-50, 50-100 etc.).

If you're a persuasive customer and make a strong case with your reseller they may be able to get a deal with Cisco outside the normal channels to get some relief as a customer satisfaction issue. That's very much a case by case thing though and not the normal fulfillment method.

lol, so to clarify, if I already owned ASA5525VPN-EM750K9 and wanted to allow at least 200 clientless devices to connect via VPN, I would need to purchase L-ASA-SSL-250  ?

Yes, that's correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: