cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hybrid cloud: polling for updates

AnyatKorai90
Level 1
Level 1

We are re-architecting a typical server - agent product for AWS SaaS. The UI and configuration DB will be on the cloud while the agents will be deployed on-prem. The problem is that 100K agents need to periodically poll the server if there are any configuration updates for them. This seems like a typical hybrid cloud scenario but I couldnt find any standard approach for this. Approaches I have come across:

• Deploy a cloud connector on-prem that is responsible for polling and updating the agents (1 request vs 100K requests every 5 mins). The downside is that the saas customer needs to manage this connector.
  • Use Confluent Kafka cloud bridge and register for config change events
  • Put the config on S3 that the agents can poll. Better than our own API but still the requests are expensive.
  • AWS direct connect, yet to explore this fully but wondering if this is needed for basic config pull.

Any other approaches that might work? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

arsalanpti
Level 1
Level 1

2 days ago, I have watched the Same thread/post at StackOverflow but Not getting any answer. I think you should have to follow the post too for a quick response. techleader
Link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68104601/hybrid-cloud-polling-for-updates

Murali Mohan Solapuri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Testing 

Murali Mohan Solapuri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: