cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.5 not working in Internet Explorer

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All - After changing the Local certificate (extending the year), i am unable to open ACS GUI using Internet Explorer where as ACS GUI opening in Chrome. I tried with Internet Explore 8 & 11.

What is the solution for this. Can some body help me on this

regards/Sairam

5 Replies 5

What error are you getting.

Thanks for the reply.

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" is the error message. But in  Chrome is works perfectly

regards,sairam

I did a packet capture using Wireshark, when the website was hit using Internet Explorer

1) Client sends [SYN] to server.
2) Server sends [SYN,ACK] to client.
3) Client sends [ACK] to server.

4) Client sends the message “Client Hello” to the server.
5) Server sends its public key with the message “Server Hello, Certificate, Server Hello Done”

6) Client sends [FIN,ACK]
7) Server sends [FIN,ACK]

Hope this will help us to discuss further

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By local certificate, I assume you mean the ACS certificate. Hopefully it was signed by a CA that IE trusts and not a self-signed certificate. If not, disable certificate trust in IE for your ACS certificate/CA or consider adding it to the trusted CA list.

Otherwise, Supported and Interoperable Devices and Software for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.5 > Supported Browsers says:

Windows 7 32-bit
– Internet Explorer version 11.x
– Mozilla Firefox version 24.4 ESR
– Mozilla Firefox version 28.x
– Mozilla Firefox version 29.x
Windows 7 64-bit
– Internet Explorer version 10.x
– Internet Explorer version 11.x

You did not state which Windows OS you are using.

If it is one of the supported combinations above, call TAC.

Thanks - I tested this in IE 8 and IE 10. The Operating system is Windows 10. It neither works in Mozilla Firefox

It was working until i extended the year in the Certificate 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: