Replies

ACS to ISE deployment

Spiky.Steve
Level 1
Level 1

We currently run ACS 5.8 and want to move to ISE

we currently run ACS on our VMware box  and will also run ISE on our VMware box

so i know i need 1000 base licence and device admin licence, 

but to run on VMware , do I need to also purchase a VMware licence as below?

R-ISE-VMS-K9= Cisco ISE Virtual Machine Small

so in total  need the following

1no Cisco ISE Virtual Machine Small

1no Cisco ISE Device Admin Node License

1no Cisco ISE Base License

1000no Cisco ISE Base License - Sessions 1000 to 2499 

thanks

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The answer depends on how many ISE VM's you have. In a virtual environment you need one of these licenses per VM you deploy. Example, 2 small 3515 VM templates, you need 2x R-ISE-VMS-K9=.

R-ISE-VMS-K9= is a small ISE VM 3515/3615 size
R-ISE-VMM-K9= is a medium ISE VM, 3595/3655 size
R-ISE-VML-K9= is the large VM size, 3595/3695 size

You also need a TACACS node license per ISE node you want to handle TACACS requests on. So again, if you have two 3515's, you would need two L-ISE-TACACS-ND=. In large deployments there isn't a one to one mapping of TACACS node licenses, but in 2 node deployments I would suggest having them both licensed for HA.

You only need 100 base licenses to install TACACS licensing, if you don't need 1000 RADIUS session licenses, you could potentially order less.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The answer depends on how many ISE VM's you have. In a virtual environment you need one of these licenses per VM you deploy. Example, 2 small 3515 VM templates, you need 2x R-ISE-VMS-K9=.

R-ISE-VMS-K9= is a small ISE VM 3515/3615 size
R-ISE-VMM-K9= is a medium ISE VM, 3595/3655 size
R-ISE-VML-K9= is the large VM size, 3595/3695 size

You also need a TACACS node license per ISE node you want to handle TACACS requests on. So again, if you have two 3515's, you would need two L-ISE-TACACS-ND=. In large deployments there isn't a one to one mapping of TACACS node licenses, but in 2 node deployments I would suggest having them both licensed for HA.

You only need 100 base licenses to install TACACS licensing, if you don't need 1000 RADIUS session licenses, you could potentially order less.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: