cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Profiler Recheck

paul
Level 10
Level 10

How is the rescan configuration on the AD profiler supposed to work?  I have the following shown under an endpoint:

AD-Fetch-Host-Name MININT-2JIERJF$

MININT hostname is used during WinPE phase of an SCCM build process.  So ISE learned that name during the build process via DHCP and did the AD check.  The system is now built and you see this hostname under the endpoint:

host-name 1IUHTEMPLT90

Isn't ISE supposed to recheck once it learns a new DHCP hostname?  Or will it not rescan if the DHCP hostname change is learned within the 1 day recheck interval?  I am trying to figure out if functioning as designed or a bug.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would expect that it will update if you connect after 1 day interval, however, not sure whether it will even if the host name changes within the interval. I can see that with re-imaging that this could be a common occurrence. I suggest opening a TAC SR so we can track the issue and potentially create enhancement request.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would expect that it will update if you connect after 1 day interval, however, not sure whether it will even if the host name changes within the interval. I can see that with re-imaging that this could be a common occurrence. I suggest opening a TAC SR so we can track the issue and potentially create enhancement request.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

howon is correct that the AD probe is throttled to a minimal of 1 day before a rescan takes place.

If you want it changed immediately, then disconnect the endpoint from the network, delete the endpoint in ISE internal endpoint store, and then reconnect the endpoint.

Yep knew that one, but I will probably have to open a TAC case because I think ISE really should do an AD profiler check anytime DHCP learned hostname changes. It shouldn't matter if it is in the same day. Now ISE is just stuck with faulty information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: