Views
Helpful
Replies

ADE-OS issues with SNMPv2 and SNMPv3

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Hi everyone,

I'm seeing issues with SNMP polling and traps for both SNMPv2 and SNMPv3. I've seen these issues on both ISE 2.4 P4, and ISE 2.4 P5.

Issues for v2:

1) Sends trap when a process is running, doesn't send a trap when a process is stopped. 

2) Doesn't send trap on reboot or shutdown.

Issues with v3:

1) No traps for process running or stopped 

2) No traps for reboot or shutdown

3) Sometimes doesn't work at all because the OS stores two v3 usernames. This is confirmed by the command "show snmp user".

There are long-open issues such as CSCvc80795 which are a big vague, but what I'm seeing as in existing issue under the latest GA builds for all forms of SNMP. 

Can someone from Cisco please address the existence of these caveats and whether or not they are being fixed in upcoming versions? 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do have enhancement requests such as the one you referenced already submitted.  The challenge is determining when they will be added to a future release and if they have the potential to be added, there is a possibility they may not make it in a release for one reason or another.  I recommend reaching out to your account team to set up a meeting for a roadmap discussion as we are unable to post anything related to futures in this forum.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do have enhancement requests such as the one you referenced already submitted.  The challenge is determining when they will be added to a future release and if they have the potential to be added, there is a possibility they may not make it in a release for one reason or another.  I recommend reaching out to your account team to set up a meeting for a roadmap discussion as we are unable to post anything related to futures in this forum.

Regards,

-Tim

Hi Timothy,

This isn't about an enhancement, it's about previous functionality which no longer works. SNMP has been baked and working within ADE-OS for over a decade (i.e. since at least the days of Application Networking Manager). 

If SNMP isn't designed to work for ISE then it shouldn't be configurable within CLI to begin with. Or at the very least update the CLI configuration guide to state that SNMP is not supported:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/cli_guide/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_24/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_24_chapter_011.html#wp4278751266

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: