cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After Update onto ISE 2.4 Patch 6 - Create guest user with special characters via API reports an error

Marcel Gross
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We experience the above after an update onto ISE 2.4 Patch 6 (2.4.0.357).  The special characters causing the issue are ö ä ü (this list is very likely not complete). It resembles to two known bugs:

CSCvb17967

should be fixed with 2.4.0.357 according to release notes -> but on the fixed software I see only 2.4.0.906

CSCvn40822

this one actualy seems to be exactly what we hit. but it should not appear in 2.4 at all.. 

Yet another bug CSCvn62164 seems to affect interal users with special chars in version 2.4.0.357 and is fixed 2.4.0.906..

Does anyone of you know more about that version 2.4.0.906 or if an old bug reappeared in 2.4.0.357?

Thanks
Marcel

3 Replies 3

thomas.pflaum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have faced this issue with special characters already at Version 2.3 Patch5. From which version you have updated to 2.4 Patch 6?

I got the Information from TAC, that special characters would never be supported at Sponsor Portal or via Rest API, starting with 2.3 Patch 5.

BR

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the reply, this is an interesting information. I'm already trying to find that out, it was a customer that experienced it. I'll reply when i find out.

Regards

Marcel

Hi Thomas

Customer can confirm that it worked just fine on ISE 2.4 with patches 1 2 3 5. He has many guest users with special characters created via API still visible on the ISE and they work. It stopped working for him after he went to patch 6.

Regards
Marcel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: