cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Android 10 BYOD Support

CarlCarlson1234
Level 1
Level 1

Android 10 is still not supported with the BYOD flow. I've tested up to 2.4 patch 10 with latest posture update.  It is able to get to opening the application then the application says it can't find the session, have you logged into the portal.

There is a bug but it doesn't seem to be public yet, CSCvp32898 Day0: Android Qbeta is not able to complete the BYOD flow .

Has anyone found a work around (other than using a different product) or heard anything from Support indicating when it will be supported?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CarlCarlson1234
Level 1
Level 1

I ran a posture update yesterday and got to Cisco supported OS Version 49.  This does update ISE 2.4 for support with Android 10.  I'm able to get the Cisco network setup assistant app to install certificates now.  The process isn't completely clean.  The app error's out and says the wireless profile couldn't be applied.  But it does still configure the wireless profile.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Fastest route is open ticket through TAC so it gets maximum visibility

I have a TAC case open. I'm surprised that I don't see any other posts here for Android 10 (multiple for iOS). Does anyone else have this issue, or am I the only one lamenting this?

I know there are specific issues and engineering was working a fix last week. I am not sure if they posted a new agent yet but i will check

facing same issue in my infra, ticket is pending with development team

mcamino
Level 1
Level 1

What is the solution?

No solution yet.  My inc has been open for over a month, TAC tried to close it by referencing the bug I linked in my original post. I basically refused that and said it wanted it escalated.  I've been told that the development team has been engaged.

@CarlCarlson1234 wrote:

No solution yet.  My inc has been open for over a month, TAC tried to close it by referencing the bug I linked in my original post. I basically refused that and said it wanted it escalated.  I've been told that the development team has been engaged.

From http://cs.co/ise-byod issues post i have seen this one, is this the same or do you have another defect, you can also ask to escalate the case

CSCvp32898 Day0: Android Qbeta is not able to complete the BYOD flow 

same bug. If i take an Android 10 device i get "certificated failed to generate" if i take identical phone on android 9, it works perfectly. Why isnt Cisco actively working this bug???

@mcamino wrote:
same bug. If i take an Android 10 device i get "certificated failed to generate" if i take identical phone on android 9, it works perfectly. Why isnt Cisco actively working this bug???

they are working on it, please escalate through TAC. This is not a forum for break fix, that's the role of tac

To clarify, I'm hitting CSCvp23898. In the NAC app I get the error "Unable to download profile". The spw log shows "ISE is not able to apply an access policy to your log-in session at this time. Please close this browser, wait approximately one minute, and try to connect again. If you are still not able to log in, please contact your network administrator."

Certificate failed to generate may be something else...

Also, I'm interested to see if the Random Mac is actually the issue here, since you can shut that "feature" off and byod for Android 10 still doesn't work.

I agree sounds like different issue. Also randomization shouldn't be issue if using single SSID. please work through TAC

CarlCarlson1234
Level 1
Level 1

I ran a posture update yesterday and got to Cisco supported OS Version 49.  This does update ISE 2.4 for support with Android 10.  I'm able to get the Cisco network setup assistant app to install certificates now.  The process isn't completely clean.  The app error's out and says the wireless profile couldn't be applied.  But it does still configure the wireless profile.

Yes i believe there are still known issues. Make sure you are running the latest app as well. Open tac case and attach to a defect. Let us know if there is a defect missing from this page as well
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-byod-endpoint-notes/ta-p/3857246

Jason,  I'm updating my post so people who find it know that there is a solution.  I've had a Tac case open this entire time. Please stop telling me to open tac cases on this thread ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: