Views
Helpful
Replies

Anti-Malware installation being checked twice

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

I created two conditions, one to check installation of AV and second one to check the definition of installed AV.
Now, when I run the reports, I see that AV install check condition has been called twice, once by the install check and second time by the definition check policy. Even though I have not called it in the defnition check policy.
To get around this, I clubed the AV install check and AV defenition check under on policy, still in reports I see that its called twice!!

Is this something working as per design or am I missing out a configuration?

4 Replies 4

paul
Level 10
Level 10

Did you double check your posturing rules to make sure you didn't make a mistake there?  The posturing rules are what invokes the requirements.

There are two conditions to check if Symantec anti-malware installed, for ver 12 and ver 14.
These two conditions are then called in one requirement.
Similarly, there are two conditions to check definitions for ver 12 and ver 14.
These are called in requirements, and then finally 3 requirements are called in posture policy, in following manner, Install check, Definition check and finally Managed check.

So, when the posture runs and I extract the report per condition, I see that the install check is run twice..
Attached is the small extract of the report.

What you posted for a report looks perfectly fine to me.  Look at the records at 23:23.  The Posture module checked for AV install of 12.x which failed then checked for 14.x which passed.  The posture module checked for definitions on 14.x which passed and skipped the check for definitions on 12.x because 12.x was not present.  What do you think doesn't look right?

My concern was that, if it has already checked for AV install, then in the definition check its again going for the install check.
I have attached another report where the requirements were not clubbed together in one posture policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: