cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Upgrade

Andy Guley
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of pushing out a new Anyconnect client from ISE.  I have it working correctly on the inside of my network.  I have a Cisco ASA that is also using ISE.  Do I need to upload the same AnyConnect image to the ASA or will it pull the software from the ISE servers when the user first logs in?

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
What do you mean asa is using ise?
If you're using the posture feature, then your users will get anyconnect updated when reaching ise for posture.
Even with posture feature, if some users aren't doing any posture, you'll need to upload the new packages on asa.

If not using posture between asa and ise, then you'll need to upgrade images on asa.
Anyway, to keep it consistent, i would update packages on any source a user can connect to (asa and ise$

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

bern81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Upload  it to the ASA and make sure it is in the correct order (imp:use the anyconnect webdeploy version)

Once the Anyconnect client connects to the ASA, it will automatically upgrade the software for him regardless if he has administrative rights or not on the PC (if there is already an anyconnect client installed).

Btw how are you planing to push the anyconnect SW from the ISE to the client PC?

Is that even possible?

If yes, can you please share some docs.

Please rate if this post is helpfull

Thank you for the information :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: