cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API client to automate scripted API calls

bperciac
Level 5
Level 5

I am using Postman to create the necessary API calls to get data into and out of ISE, but I was hoping to find an application that I could use to take these API calls and make them more user friendly - for example, once I have the API call set up, I could use a user-friendly form to populate the search criteria and ease the overhead of managing all the API's themselves.

The particular use case is for non-technical personnel being able to open a form and input a MAC address for example and delete that endpoint without needing to have the calls all visible in Postman.

Any pointers are appreciated!

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems like you're needing something similar to a My Devices Portal?

there are no specific tools that we recommend from the ISE team. It might be good to check with someone in advanced services to see if there is something they use.

Most customers I believe have AS design a portal page that will interact with the API

From AS team member - Here’s one example of a framework: https://www.djangoproject.com/. Of course you have to balance needing to learn a new framework vs throwing some quick code snippets on the webserver with manual HTML code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: