Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying an ANC Policy via RESP API to unquarantine clients

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am working on a project where a customer use Firepower and ISE to quarantine endpoints. Firepower and ISE communicate via pxGrid and based on IPS signatures, Firepower will send a qurantine request to ISE. This part of the solution works, but the challenge comes when we want to unquarantine clients. I have created an authorization policy and an ANC Policy for quarantine/quarantine and I can use this to unquarantine clients by select a client matching this authorization policy and then assign the ANC unquarantine policy. The ´customer now wants to build a web portal for the network security team so that will use this portal to unquarantine clients after they been investigated for malware, etc. They also need a "panic button" in case of false positives where they can select all clients in quarantine and do a bulk unquarantine. Would this be possible to achieve via REST API commands? What we basically need is one command that will list all clients that match the quarantine authorization policy and then bulk unqurantine them. If someone have some example code that can achieve this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

/Jörgen                                               

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jorgen,

Email me directly to discuss. Firepower uses pxGrid 1.0 and uses: Sesion:EPSstatus:Quarantine for the ANC policy.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I will forward to our SME. Any sample code would likely live in the devnet zone at http://cs.co/ise-api

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jorgen,

Email me directly to discuss. Firepower uses pxGrid 1.0 and uses: Sesion:EPSstatus:Quarantine for the ANC policy.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

@jeppich wrote:

Hey Jorgen,

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

Email sent :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: