Views
Helpful
Replies

bandwidth requirements for ISE distributed deployment

anvolkov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if we have any official recommendations for the minimum bandwidth between ISE nodes in the distributed deployment?

I know we have latency requirements (< 200 ms) but I couldn't find any official documentation about the bandwidth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With the changes to partner ATP program, it was decided to make this tool available to all partners as well as customers.  To ensure consist versions of posted content, I will delete the version posted to partner community.  Also, I am not sure which version that post was based on due to name change. 

The new page for the ISE Bandwidth Calculator can be found here: ISE Latency and Bandwidth Calculators

Notes:

• Although created for ISE v1.2, the results are applicable to later versions as well.
  • The calculator is intended to provide design guidance based on some key assumptions and actual bandwidth requirements will vary based on deployment and configuration. 
  • The tool is not supported by TAC and is provided as-is.

Regards,

Craig Hyps, Cisco Technical Marketing

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Cory Peterson
Level 5
Level 5

This is the most Current version I have been able to find and have been using it. It is for ISE 1.2, but I was told that the bandwidth calculations have not changed.

http://www.ciscosecurityatp.com/filedownloader.asp?ID=108

Cory,

Thanks a lot for your response. But unfortunately I cannot get access to this document... Can you please share it with me directly?

I have uploaded it to the community.

108-bandwidth_calculator.xlsm

With the changes to partner ATP program, it was decided to make this tool available to all partners as well as customers.  To ensure consist versions of posted content, I will delete the version posted to partner community.  Also, I am not sure which version that post was based on due to name change. 

The new page for the ISE Bandwidth Calculator can be found here: ISE Latency and Bandwidth Calculators

Notes:

• Although created for ISE v1.2, the results are applicable to later versions as well.
  • The calculator is intended to provide design guidance based on some key assumptions and actual bandwidth requirements will vary based on deployment and configuration. 
  • The tool is not supported by TAC and is provided as-is.

Regards,

Craig Hyps, Cisco Technical Marketing