cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk endpoint import on ISE 2.4 P8

R2C CCIE/CWNE
Level 1
Level 1

This error on any import try even on its un-edited template. Anyone had any luck?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCvq60556 open to track this issue and should be visible after a couple of days.

I got a similar error when importing back the template.csv generated as it is on ISE 2.4 Patch 9.

Import Endpoints from CSV file
Select file to import:
* File Generate a Template
  Note:   The maximum allowed file size is 20MB.
  The maximum number of endpoints allowed to import is 250K.
  Use a comma-delimited text file.

The file template is unrecognized. Please generate a valid one using the "Generate a Template" link. The below mentioned attributes are not allowed for import as they can put endpoints in an unstable state. Please correct/remove the attributes from the CSV before importing.
Column 33 :

I checked the CSV file and found it has an extra trailing "," at the end of the column header row. After removing that, it worked fine for me.

FYI... only the first three columns (MACAddress,EndPointPolicy,IdentityGroup) are required and the rest are all optional.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There should be ideally only 31 columns. Column 32 would indicate a custom attribute and it could be that there is actually an invalid entry for that custom attribute in the file being imported. Suggest you to check that.

craig.beck
Level 1
Level 1

What's column 32?

I've had issues with some SNMP config being imported so ended up using the template and manually copy/paste data using the template headings.

EDIT: I realise this is for endpoints and not NADs but thought it may be relevant/similar.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCvq60556 open to track this issue and should be visible after a couple of days.

I got a similar error when importing back the template.csv generated as it is on ISE 2.4 Patch 9.

Import Endpoints from CSV file
Select file to import:
* File Generate a Template
  Note:   The maximum allowed file size is 20MB.
  The maximum number of endpoints allowed to import is 250K.
  Use a comma-delimited text file.

The file template is unrecognized. Please generate a valid one using the "Generate a Template" link. The below mentioned attributes are not allowed for import as they can put endpoints in an unstable state. Please correct/remove the attributes from the CSV before importing.
Column 33 :

I checked the CSV file and found it has an extra trailing "," at the end of the column header row. After removing that, it worked fine for me.

FYI... only the first three columns (MACAddress,EndPointPolicy,IdentityGroup) are required and the rest are all optional.