Using Postman,

I have tried using:
GET (ise-admin-url:9060)/ers/config/guestuser
Accept: application/vnd.com.cisco.ise.identity.guestuser.2.0+xml
Content-Type: application/vnd.com.cisco.ise.identity.guestuser.2.0+xml

This returns:

<resources>
        <resource name="username" id="long-id-string">
            <link type="application/xml" href="url with long-id-string" rel="self"/>
        </resource>

I can use the id="long-id-string" to then do another GET for specific account information.
GET (ise-admin-url:9060)/ers/config/guestuser/"long-id-string"

My question: Is there a way to just do one GET to obtain the specific account information for all guest accounts? I am looking to complete this to save guest accounts for auditing information. Doing this for each id would take me a long while...considering I am not savvy enough to script it.
2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@ropauljr87  - it's been a while since I did any REST stuff. But I recall that you can append a ?size=100 (100 is the max apparently) to the REST call, and then it tells the server to return up to that many items in your XML/JSON response. 

if you need more than 100 then you have no option but to script it. It's not that scary ...

I will also refer you to this neat little Python procedure that someone posted on this Community forum - I am sure you can hack something together to suit your needs ;-)

def get_device_list(s):
    """
    Return list of the Network Devices
    Maximum is 100 devices per page ?size=100
    Go through the pages &page = 1
    """
    url = "https://" + ISE_SERVER + ":9060/ers/config/networkdevice?size=100&page="
    url = url + "1"
     resp= requests.request("GET", url, data=payload, headers=headers, params=querystring)

device_list = []
if resp.status_code == 200:
        result  = resp.json()['SearchResult']
        total = result['total']
        pages = total / 100 + 1
        for page in range (1, int(pages + 1)):
            resp= requests.request("GET", url + str(page), data=payload, headers=headers, params=querystring)
            if resp.ok:
                result = resp.json()['SearchResult']['resources']
                for item in result:
                    device = {}
                    device['id'] = item['id']
                    device['name'] = item['name']
                    """ Not all devices has description field """
                    # device['description'] = item['description']
                    device['link'] = item['link']['href']
                    device_list.append(device)
return device_list

Thank you for your answer Arne.

In Postman, it has some query params for page size, and I can increase that value out to 100. This does increase the number of responses returned, but they are only just username and ID-string. I can then utilize those ID-strings in another GET, but I have only been able to figure out how to get these one at a time. NOTE: this second get returns more specific guest account information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: