Views
Helpful
Replies

BYOD Portal Errors - missing pieces?

jcatanzaro9
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

As I'm stumbling my way through creating a new BYOD flow in the hopes of obscuring corp credentials that are currently used to authenticate to an employee SSID, I've gotten to what i think is a pretty close point to where I've almost got it.

At this point, user joins an open SSID that is identified as an employee SSID.  This uses the guest portal's built in redirection to the BYOD portal, which is perfect for what I want.  However, when i get there, I get the error "unable to obtain the user information needed for network access.  Try again."  Clicking the retry button starts the spinning circle and never ends.

If I try to bypass this and scroll to the bottom of the AUP, accept it, and then click 'start', it adds "your browser is not currently supported" above the previous message.  This is on an Apple iPhone XR with most current iOS version, and the browser in question is the built-in apple captive browser.

So at this point I have a couple questions I'm hoping the community can assist with:

1.) Where is the first 'user information' error coming from, and how to resolve it?

2.) Is there a way to secure this portal requiring a browser login using AD credentials in order to reach the point where you can register a device?  This would satisfy the requirement I have to obscure the credentials.

3.) When using NSP as the redirect to the BYOD portal in the authZ profile, how will iOS devices make it through the flow if they do not use the Cisco NSA?

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did you look at the guide under http://cs.co/ise-byod? Perhaps separate your questions after that with more details of the issue.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: